Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Selfish

Sometimes I feel like a spoilt brat and it pisses me off. I live a luxurious life...extremely luxurious actually. Today when I was talking to my friends, I said something about my ayi (maid) making my bed. Then I was talking to mum, and she said the shelf in her cupboard broke under the weight of all the purses. I found out how much my dad makes...and I feel so bad to be privileged. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. When I grow up, someway, somehow, I'm going to give back to my parents (charity starts at home - give them what they paid for my college), and give back to the world. When I was in Kolkata, India, working with orphans and mentally and physically challenged children, that's when I felt like I had at least SOME purpose in life. People say life is short...it's too short to be selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment