Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm A "Snobby Rich Kid"

Wow. Okay. So. I'm applying for college housing. My dad said I could get the deluxe double room rather than the standard double room. I'm grateful that he said that. However, it sucks because they don't have anymore double deluxe rooms. Okay - it sucks - it's not the end of the world. It's better that way I guess, because with a standard double room, I get to room with a friend of mine. So I was talking to another friend of mine, and she got all sarcastic and bitter with me and called me a "snobby rich kid," which I think was totally uncalled for. In my opinion, a "snobby rich kid" would throw a tantrum and mope around for days about how she could not get that extra closet. I am like, it sucks, but oh well, I'm still happy. Yes, I am aware that I live a luxurious life. No, I do not think that it makes me better than everyone else. No, I do not think that I deserve more than everyone else. No, I do not think I deserve special treatment. And you know a reason I thought an extra closet would be cool? Because the friend I'm half-staying with lives in a quad (four people) and there are only three closest in that room. If she needed space, I could have lent her the half of the extra closet that belongs to me. I honestly think that my friend judged me quickly and unfairly. I understand that I get a lot, but I also give a lot. I feel like she was too harsh on me, and I wish she wasn't because I just want to be friends. Cannot wait for college - I've been told that people don't really judge you. And if they do - they are mature about it and give you a chance to prove them wrong. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Hope everyone has a nice weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment