Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cheating - Can You Blame Them?

Recently there was this whole shaba-dubba-ding-dong about a cheating "scandal" at school. Can you blame them (them=kids who cheated)? I don't condone cheating, but I understand why they did it. School is not a friendly learning environment anymore. It's an input-output machine. Sure, some teachers want to inspire learning in their students. But at the end of the day, it's all about numbers and letters. It's sad to think that mere letters have the potential to shape our lives.

On top of that, my school is waaaaay too competitive. If IQ tests were necessary, we would be studying for them. More so, we'd be PAYING to study for it.

Our worth/intelligence has all come down to numbers. Funny thing is, it's all contradictory. My GPA currently sits at a 3.05. Which in my school is absolute shit. However, I have an IQ of 132, meaning only 2% of the world is "smarter" than me. I call bs.

There are seven different types of intelligence. One of my favourite quote goes something like this: Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

A lot of people think I'm stupid. I used to think I was stupid. Sure, I say stupid things and do stupid things. But I am not stupid. I mean, the glass was see-through in a hotel room so that you could see someone taking a shit on the toilet seat. With the help of two bathrobes, the fire sprinkler (not sure what the technical word for that is), the laundry basket, a book, and this decorative piece of cloth, I was able to cover up the glass.

No one is stupid. NONE of YOU are stupid. All you got to do is mess around and find out what you're good at. Don't let how you fair at school define you.

No comments:

Post a Comment