Wednesday, April 24, 2013

100 Words Stories

As promised. I am now going to post the 100 words (no more, no less) stories I wrote. BTW...they are A LOT harder to write than you think they would be. I'm posting them from my worst story. And leaving the best for last. Excuse the titles. I kind of just slapped them on the document just so I know what paragraph is which story.


Cocaine:

Inhale. Exhale. Julie prepared herself before snorting coke for the first time in her seventeen years of existence. Tilting her head from left to right, she released the tension in her neck as the notes of released gas stirred the room. She cracked her fingers - all ten of them. Leaning in to sniff the powder, Julie paused. She pressed her fingers again. Inhale. Exhale. Her right, and then left nostril vacuumed the white dust. Standing up, she smiled at her friend. Julie then flailed. Her eyes rolled backwards into her head as she fell to the floor. Inhale. Exhale. Silence.

Pet

“Mommy,” she begged. “Can I please, please, please get an animal?” Her mum sighed. “We don’t have space for a pet.” The little girl cocked her head from side to side as ideas whirred inside her mind. Her expression suddenly animated, “What if we get a small animal?” After seeing her daughter’s pleading eyes, the mother decided to play along. “And what kind of animal would you like?”
Smiling, “How about a baby chick?” 
“But what will you do when it grows big?” Frustrated, the little girl pondered. Her eyes sprung out as she found a solution. “We’ll eat it!”

Technology:

“Mum,” you wail. “She is refusing to give me back my shirt.” Your mum shoots you a flustered glare. “Well what do you expect me to do?” Thinking about it, “Well, I started off old-school. I e-mailed her. Texted her. Called her. Posted on her Facebook Wall. Facebook messaged her.”
“There’s a difference,” your mother inquires. Ignoring her, you continue. “I whatsapped her. Posted the message on Instagram. Tweeted about it. Blogged about it. I even uploaded a video onto Youtube of me begging for my shirt back.”
“You do realise your sister’s room is next door?”
“And?”

No comments:

Post a Comment