Thursday, July 4, 2013

I'm Nerdy And I Know It

I was scrolling through the Yahoo news page when I saw the changes that were made to the new Barbie dolls. They were shorter with fuller figures. A lot of people think that this change is great because it is a more real representation of women today.

I call bull shit. There is no "real representation" of women nowadays. You have all sorts of women: tall, short, fat, skinny, muscular, curvy...the list goes on.

Why the fuck are people so angry about how typical models are not a good example teenage girls these days?

I mean....shouldn't we be focused on more important things. Like...I don't know....brains?

When was the last time you had a conversation like this:

you: hey, have you heard about that new girl?
friend: what about her?
you: apparently she is a total genius. I think I'll ask her for study tips.

Rather than:

you: hey, have you seen that new girl?
friend: what about her?
you: she's soooo pretty. I'm going to ask her how she does her make up.

I'm not perfect, I have conversations like the latter probably more often than the prior. The thing is that I don't like it and I'm trying to change.

Yes, it's a good thing that people are trying to make sure teenage girls don't starve themselves but I think people should be focussing more on how gifted all these individuals are.

I'd rather be called a nerd than hot.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|


I kind of just spaced out and boarded a random train of thoughts. I think I'm going to make a parody of "I'm Sexy And I Know It" - I'll change it to "I'm Nerdy And I Know It"

I'll post that when I'm done.


Right now I'm all talk but I'm working on it. I think a big part of this is realising this. So I guess I got that part down. Now only to act on it and hopefully inspire others to do so as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment